Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Authority & Power

Matthew 16: 15 -19

"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?"
Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ,the Son of the living God."
Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven. And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.


Through this passage, I do believe things can be done very easily. Such as deliverence of demon, and fight the battle of God we will always win. As long we ourselve admit Jesus is Chirst and Son of the Living God in our life, He have the power and we put our faith in Him and believe Jesus is able to do so! All things are possible in Christ who will fullfill it through us! Amen

1 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger KwangErn Liew said...

"very easily"? I completely disagree.

Life with Jesus is the hardest life one can ever imagine. Even Paul himself said so. Not to mention all the disciples have one way or another denied Jesus during that lifetime.

If it is "very easy", it will all be perfect.

It is easy to accept, it is easy to say/talk, it is easy to criticise oneself, but it is not easy to understand, it is not easy to do and act, and it is not easy to turn over a new leaf.

It is in fact very difficult to be a believer. We will always go through trials and temptations. This never stops. Not until the time comes when we leave earth.

Can many say what Paul said in 2 Timothy 4:7?

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the course, I have kept the faith;

Very few. How many of us are able to go through the trials that God has put us through? How many so-called "christians" have faltered away from the Word of God? How many of us are as mature as the main characters in the bible? How many of us have a stable faith with God? How many times have we cried out when we only needed to be patient? How many times have we criticised God or penalised or patronised our fellow brothers and sisters when we shouldn't have? How many times have we foolishly seek in the worldly things? Better still, do we read, medidate and practise God's Word?

No, I'm not saying that we should be perfect. But I'm saying that there are basic principles that we, sometimes, can't even follow. And that's difficult, not "very easy". ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home